BSW CrossFit is located in the beautiful Travelers Rest, SC. Our philosophy is that Fitness and Health are the same thing. Our training is a core strength and conditioning program. We believe in the CrossFit Method.
- Diet – Lays the molecular foundation for fitness and health.
- Metabolic Conditioning – Builds the capacity in each of three metabolic pathways beginning with aerobic, then lactic acid, and the phosphocreatine pathways.
- Gymnastics – Establishes functional capacity for body control and range of motion.
- Weightlifting and throwing – Develops the ability to control external objects and produce power.
- Sport – Applies fitness in a competitive atmosphere with more randomized movements and skill mastery.
Our goal is a crew member’s optimum physical competence focusing on the following general physical skills.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Our regular classes are group oriented, but we also offer private training sessions. Our group workouts mix technical and skill movements with varied high intensity workouts. Our private training sessions are one on one with training and coaching that is developed to attain the individual crew member’s goals.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our crew members. We focus on performance and not the look of one’s body. We strive to create an energetic environment and a “No Quit” attitude. Our training is high intensity, constantly varied, functional movement. These movements are required for us to live independently. We understand that life is hard and we must train our bodies and minds to withstand whatever life throws at us. In the gym, all we want, is all you have. We will not accept shortcuts and we demand commitment. We believe that your diet is the foundation of your fitness and health. We believe that you should feed your body for performance. We work with our crew members in their pursuit of their fitness and health goals and challenge them to improve their quality of life through functional training.
Check out the Crossfit Journal for more info, exercise demos and useful information to help you be the best crossfitter you can!
Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter here!