January 2017 Athlete: Sandy Harrison
1) What is you occupation?
I’m a substitute teacher with the Greenville County School System.
2) What is your hometown?
3) What is your favorite workout?
I actually like the “12 Days of Christmas”. I also like partner WOD’s.
4) What is your favorite lift?
5) What class do you usually attend?
4:30 class during the work week and the 2:30 class on Sunday’s.
6) How did you find out about BSW CrossFit?
My son visited BSW CrossFit with a friend and he came home and told me that I would like this. I also heard about it from friends who were already members of BSW CrossFit.
7) Did you participate in a sport in high school or college?
Yes, I was a cheerleader all 4 years in high school.
8) How long have you been doing CrossFit?
9) What is the toughest part of CrossFit for you?
Anything that has the word “Snatch” in it.
10) Has CrossFit changed your life outside of the gym?
CrossFit has made me healthier and stronger both mentally and physically. CrossFit has given me confidence in the gym and in my life in general.
11) What or who motivates and inspires you?
The group I workout with motivate and inspire me. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses and we all encourage each other.
12) What are your hobbies outside of CrossFit?
I am an outside person, so I like to work in the yard, fish, swim and go to the beach. I LOVE to play cornhole!
13) What is your favorite aspect of BSW CrossFit?
If I have had a stressful day, my stress is relieved and my energy level is increased after working out at BSW CrossFit.
14) Do you have any tips for new members?
Just come and try it and don’t give up after the first few workouts! No matter what your level is, there is a workout for you. If you stick with it, you’ll be surprised at what you can accomplish.
15) What is your favorite memory at BSW CrossFit?
When I was able to do Toes-2-Bar!